I came back from my Dubai/Lebanon/Holland trip barely two months ago, but it feels like so much longer. I guess that means I’m ready for my next trip.
Trips outside of Australia are probably not going to happen the coming months, but like usual my boyfriend and I will do some road tripping in Western Australia soon and I’m really excited about that. It’s just such a good feeling to be out of town and out of your usual enviroment for a bit. I really felt like going through my travel pictures today, that’s why I decided to do a little recap of my pictures from Dubai and Lebanon. I have also added some tips about what to see when you have the chance to visit these amazing countries. You can check out my previous Dubai and Lebanon travel posts here, here, here, here and here.
Must do’s in UAE, Dubai:
– Save your money and go crazy in the Dubai mall. This shopping paradise has got all the shops you can possible imagine, from budget to super expensive.
– Outside of the Dubai Mall there is a fountain show every half an hour. Definitely pay a visit at night, when the dancing fountains accompanied with music create a magical atmosphere.
– Have dinner in one of the restaurants in the Dubai mall which overlook the fountains and Burj Khalifa. I can recommend the Burj Al Hamam restaurant, the food and view are both amazing.
– Rent a jetski. It’s an awesome experience to be able to see the Dubai skyline from while having a jetski ride.
– Go on a jeep safari in the desert. Throwing up will most probably be part of the deal, as the trip through the desert is i-n-s-a-n-e. But I promise you: the whole desert experience is totally worth it.
– Try as many pastries as you can. Trust me, it will be worth it.
Must do’s in Lebanon:
– Visit the city centre of Beirut. The neighbourhood ‘Hamra’ is very beautiful and has some really nice café’s and authentic shops.
– Go out. Especially during summer time Lebanon is known for its great night life, but also during winter there’s enough to do. I went to club ‘Life’ and was really impressed: great atmosphere, awesome music and I loved the fact that the roof opens every once in a while to give some fresh air. Not to mention the fireworks when the roof opens, which is pretty cool especially after having a few drinks.
– Visit Jeita Grotto. Words cannot describe how amazing this place is. It’s not a surprise that these caves were one of the top 14 finalists to be part of the new 7 worlds wonders of nature list.
– See the mountains. The place I visited is called Faraya and during the winter months there’s a skistation. Just going there to have a drink and watch the view is worth it.
– Same tip as for Dubai: eat a lot of pastries. Middle eastern sweet treats are the best and I recommend you to try them all.
Fashioncontainer is on: