Oh, how much I love a good pair of palazzo pants! These with graphic monochrome print from Oasis had my name on it. Temperatures are finally starting to warm up in our little corner of Europe and I couldn’t think of a more fun garment to sport on beautiful spring days like this.
The great thing about palazzo pants is that they’re super versatile. Style them casually with a simple tank top and sandals or a little more sophisticated like I’m wearing in this outfit with a pair of heels, chambray shirt and a white blazer draped over the shoulders. What might be my favourite thing about these pants though, is the fact that they’re oh so comfy! Because let’s be honest. Trousers that feel like jogging pants, isn’t that a dream come true for every fashion loving woman?
Here are a few tips on wearing Palazzo pants this spring:
1. Because palazzo pants usually fit a little slouchy and wide, it’s key to make your waist pop in order to make an outfit with palazzo pants flatter your figure. Opt for a basic tee to tuck in or a blouse or shirt like I’m wearing.
2. For palazzo pants that have an ‘out there’ print, tone down the overall look with a one colour top.
3. Want to wear your palazzo pants at work? Do so with a white shirt, blazer and classic pair of heels.
4. If you’re petite, it can be good to opt for a pair of pants that is a little narrower at the leg so it won’t make you look smaller. A good pair of high heels will of course help too!
5. Still too cold to wear a pair of palazzo pants? Cut off a pair of tights at the sock for some extra warmth. I personally love wearing these pants with a chunky sweater and leather jacket, so finding a way to get away with palazzo’s during colder days is a must for me.
Something tells me that you’ll be seeing me around wearing more palazzo trousers this season, next up on my wishlist is an all-white pair and I’m also eyeing another few printed pairs here on Oasis. How cool is this one, for example?
Today I’ve finished off the look with some simple gold hardware accessories like this Michael Kors Lexington watch and Asos bag. I love the fact that these black heels have a one-side gold metallic heel. Such a cool detail, don’t you think? As per usual lately, I added a pop of colour on my lips to brighten up the overall look. I really need some recommendations on new lipstick shades as I’ve only been rotating between Lady Danger, Morange (the one I’m wearing today) and Vegas Volt from MAC. Click through to see pictures of myself wearing these shades. Can’t wait to hear your tips!
Pictures by Tatiane Kozijn